What’s the #1 reason someone will go to sleep without washing their face? Exhaustion. I can relate! Which is why the first thing I do when I get home is to carry out my evening skin care routine.
My husband always laughs that it also gives me an excuse for putting on my pj’s 🙂 For me it means I can then carry on with enjoying our evening meal, doing a bit of work and then flopping into bed smug inthe knowledge that my skin is happy.
Here are five reasons why you have to make this a regular habit:
1. Touching your face all day long, without intentionally knowing so makes your face one of the dirtiest parts on your body. It’s so important to clean the skin to avoid the spread of acne bacteria that can cause increased blemishes. It’s a fact that bacteria thrive in oil. So if you can lessen the amount of oil on the skin, then technically the acne-causing bacteria is destroyed, reducing your chance of blemishes.
2. Cleansing your skin at night also ensures that you remove your make up (if you wear any) , pollution, chemicals and daily dirt and grime. Who wants to go to bed spreading that all over your clean sheets!
3. Your skin repairs itself at night, so removing makeup gives your skin a clean canvas for applying your night time performance products for maximum effectiveness. This is especially important if you suffer from a more sensitised skin.
4. While you sleep, your skin is at rest allowing regeneration to occur (apparently between the hours of 11pm and 3am) For the best anti-ageing results cleanse your skin and use a high performance serum and moisturiser.
5. Moisturisers evaporate when on the skin all day, so washing your skin and applying moisturiser at night ensures it will stay moist, hydrated and allows the active ingredients to do their thing.
Phone: (Norwich) 01603 633633 or (London) 020 33 262971
Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter, Like our Facebook page and subscribe to our You Tube channel for free daily skin health advice.