In our skin lounges we see a lot of clients who come to us because they have a skin issue they want to heal. Definitely adult Acne & other inflammatory skin issues are on the up due to our hectic modern lifestyles. Long hours, being permanently attached to our devices, poor diets & addictions to stimulants such as smoking, alcohol, drugs, caffeine & sugar send us into a spiral of imbalanced bodily functions & inflammation.
Our aim is to not just work on our clients skin but also coach them through holistic changes that need to be made as well.
All skin issues stem from too much inflammation in the body. A lot of this we can control with lower stress levels, better environments & improved diet. We have to lose this guilt that’s attached to us resting, switching off our smart phones & technology & just ‘being’. It’s ok to not be ‘On’ all the time.
Working closely with Nutritional therapists means a big impact can be made by using some dietary changes as well as having our signature facial treatments. For example; Eczema sufferers should avoid allergenic foods like shellfish & peanuts & check for food allergies to cows milk, eggs, soy, wheat, fish & nuts. As a general rule, people with psoriasis should avoid spicy foods, red meat, shellfish, alcohol, and coffee.
Look for ingredients such as Avena Setiva (Oats), Green Tea, Vitamin E & Aloe Vera that can all support the skin.’
My Top Five tips for any skin type or issue are:
1) Wear an environmental shield every day! That gives you SPF protection along with antioxidants.
2) Eat a Rainbow diet. Lots of coloured fruits & Vegetables.
3) Avoid all inflammatory habits. Lower Stress, Alcohol, Sugar, processed foods & Caffeine.
4) Exercise , even if only for 20 minutes, daily. Make sure you get some lower impact like Yoga, Pilates or weight training in as well as some Cardio.
5) Get a professional facial. Learn about your skin type & issues from an expert.
Content Copyright © 2015 U & your skin LTD.
PERMISSION TO REPRINT: You may use any items from this article in your print, blog, magazine or electronic newsletter. But in order to do so, you must include the following paragraph including a link to www.uandyourskin.co.uk
Information courtesy of Louise Thomas-Minns Celebrity Skin Therapist & founder of www.uandyourskin.co.uk