It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas… literally… Dark circles from a candle burnt at both ends, Outbreaks from the increase in festive beverages, Dry, sensitised skin from falling into bed after a long day of working, racing to the nativity play & after work drinks still with a full face of make up on.
Fear not! This doesn’t have to be you. Here’s my five tips for looking healthy, fresh & glowing come the big day:
1) Limit the amount of dark alcoholic drinks you have such as Mulled, red wine & Brandy instead opting for white wine, champagne or better still water & soft drinks. Reducing the alcohol & sugar levels will do your skin a huge favour.
2) Start to build on your beauty sleep. On the nights when you’re not out after work head to be an hour earlier to give your skin a chance to repair & heal.
3) DO NOT commit the cardinal sin of going to bed with your make up on! However tired it takes just 3 minutes to cleanse & moisturise & you will be so pleased you did when you wake up without those spotty outbreaks & lack lustre skin.
4) Have a professional facial. It’s ok to have a treatment before special occasions, in fact we encourage it! Why wouldn’t you want to look younger, fresher, brighter & more hydrated?
5) Start taking Milk Thistle. This amazing tincture supports the Liver, an organ closely linked to the skin, so helps when it’s out under the extra stresses & strains of the festive season.
Get involved in the conversation! Follow us on Twitter, Like our Facebook page and subscribe to our You Tube channel for free daily skin health advice to help you become your own skin expert.
Content Copyright © 2015 U & your skin LTD.
PERMISSION TO REPRINT: You may use any items from this article in your print, blog, magazine or electronic newsletter. But in order to do so, you must include the following paragraph including a link to www.uandyourskin.co.uk
Information courtesy of Louise Thomas-Minns Celebrity Skin Therapist & founder of www.uandyourskin.co.uk